Cleanfarms 2022 - Unwanted Pesticide and Livestock Medication Collection
Cleanfarms teams will be in Northern Alberta and the British Columbia/Alberta Peace Region in early October 2022. They'll be collecting unwanted agricultural pesticides and old livestock/equine medications for safe disposal at specific locations on certain dates.
Participating in the program helps keep farms clean AND it keeps these items out of landfill. In Alberta, this is especially important as they are no longer accepted in most municipalities at municipal transfer stations and landfills under their household hazardous waste programs.
What is being Collected?
The "what's in" list shows all the items that can be accepted at these events. Cleanfarms are extra careful to ensure that incoming items are on the list so they know that every product that's accepted can be safely managed.
Cleanfarms members, representing the crop protection industry, in partnership with the Canadian Animal Health Institute (CAHI), covers the full cost of operating the program and disposing of the materials responsibly.
Cleanfarms operates this program across Canada. Each region is on a three year rotation and they'll return to these regions again in 2025.
Unwanted Pesticide and Livestock Medication Collection FAQ's
Once every three years, Cleanfarms offer a collection program for unwanted/ obsolete pesticide and livestock medications.
- The next collection is scheduled for the Northern half of the province (north of Red Deer) & Peace region fall 2022.
- The next collection is scheduled for the Southern half of the province (south of Red Deer) fall 2024.
- The dates and locations of collection will be available the summer proceeding the fall collection.
- Pesticides: old, obsolete, or otherwise unwanted pesticides (anything with a Pest Control Product Number on the label)
- Animal health meds (anything with a Drug Identification Number on the label).
Gather – Collect your unwanted agricultural pesticides and obsolete animal health medications.
Place – All items need to be placed in a sealable or spill-proof container.
Return – Check to find when this program is taking place in your area then return items to your local collection site.
Sign up to our Newsletter
Stay up to date on the Saddle Hills activities, events, programs and operations by subscribing to our eNewsletters.