Skip to main content Skip to footer

Permits Required for Ditching in County Rights-of-Way

Image of Tape across a Black Background

Don't forget to apply for a FREE permit before completing any work in County ditches and rights-of-way.

It is the responsibility of the landowner to contact the County prior to any proposed work in the County’s developed or undeveloped rights-of-way, including items like approach construction or modifications, new ditches or deepening of existing ditches, brushing, and any other work. Rights-of-way are used for various purposes and may have high-pressure gas lines and oil pipelines running across them.

For more information, or to apply for a permit, call us at (780) 864-3760 or email

Sign up to our Newsletter

Stay up to date on the Saddle Hills activities, events, programs and operations by subscribing to our eNewsletters.

This website uses cookies to enhance usability and provide you with a more personal experience. By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies as explained in our Privacy Policy.