Veterinary Medicine Bursary Program
In an effort to promote post-secondary education in veterinary medicine and encourage rural large animal veterinary practice, Council has approved a Veterinary Medicine Bursary Program for eligible students, as per Policy AG27 - Veterinary Medicine Bursary Program.
Priority will be given to eligible applicants specializing in large animal veterinary medicine, and for years which require clinical rotations. Bursary applicants can be eligible to receive the bursary for multiple years and will be considered for each year they are enrolled in a recognized post-secondary veterinary medicine program.
The application deadline is July 15 of the current year.
Bursary Application Process
To be eligible, students must meet the following requirements:
- Students do not need to be from the Central Peace Region but priority will be given to students primarily residing in one of the G5 municipalities, consisting of Saddle Hills County, the Municipal District of Spirit River No. 133, the Town of Spirit River, Village of Rycroft, and Birch Hills County.
- Be enrolled in a recognized post-secondary veterinary program or have applied for a post-secondary veterinary program, noting that funds will not be dispersed until proof of acceptance and enrollment is received.
- Commit to living and working in rural Alberta, for a veterinary clinic servicing Saddle Hills County residents, following graduation.
To apply for a bursary, candidates must do the following:
- Supply two (2) letters of reference.
- Supply a copy of their most recent transcripts as well as proof of enrollment.
- Write a 500 word paragraph detailing their future career plans.
- Complete the Veterinary Medicine Bursary Application.
For applications submitted by hand these should be delivered to:
Saddle Hills County Agricultural Service Board
Saddle Hills County, RR1, Spirit River, AB. T0H 3G0
Selected applicants may be required to complete the application for the Northern Alberta Development Council (NADC) Bursary Partnership Program.
Applications will be reviewed, and successful candidates chosen, by the Agricultural Service Board (ASB).
For more information, contact Agricultural Services at (780) 864-3760 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fill out and submit the Veterinary Medicine Bursary Application
Sign up to our Newsletter
Stay up to date on the Saddle Hills activities, events, programs and operations by subscribing to our eNewsletters.