The Self-Directed Home Support Program has replaced the Home Support Services previously offered by Saddle Hills County. Any Saddle Hills County resident that is a senior or is an individual with a disability may apply to this program. Once approved by Administration they can hire a company or individual to perform the eligible services as described within the application. Each month, the applicant will submit a receipt of work completed to the County for reimbursement. The services must be paid to the company/individual in full before the County can reimburse the applicant.
The following individuals are eligible to apply for the Self-Directed Home Support Program:
- any senior citizen over 65 years; and
- any person with a disability.
The following duties are eligible to be paid under the Self-Directed Home Support Program:
- meal planning and preparation (which includes grocery shopping);
- light snow shoveling or gardening;
- making beds and changing linens;
- cleaning bathrooms;
- machine washing and ironing; and
- other light housekeeping such as dusting, washing floors and vacuuming.
To apply for support, please complete a Self-Directed Home Support Application online or at the County Office.
For more information or assistance, please contact our FCSS Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (780) 864-3760.
Sign up to our Newsletter
Stay up to date on the Saddle Hills activities, events, programs and operations by subscribing to our eNewsletters.