Skip to main content Skip to footer

Home, Properties & Utilities

Saddle Hills County, while a large and rural community, aims to provide top quality infrastructure, utilities, and services to our valued residents, landowners, and the many businesses and industry that operate in the area.

We understand that many ratepayers have questions surrounding Assessment and Property Taxes, and our team is always available to address any concerns or queries you may have. For a some answers to frequently asked questions about Assessment, please view our Assessment FAQs, compiled by our hard-working and friendly assessors. You can also request a Property Tax Certificate, find out more about your Property Tax Notice and how to pay, including setting up Pre-Authorized PaymentsTax Payment PlansSupport for Schools, and much more. 

If at any time you move from your property, either to a new property in the County or outside of the County, please let us know so we can ensure we are not sending you incorrect or unncessary notices. You can Change your Address online or by calling one of our friendly office staff at (780) 864-3760.

For those that reside in the Hamlet of Woking, a Dog License is required for any dogs currently living on your property, and should be renewed yearly. You can find more information and apply online or through the County office. Rural residents can also request a Rural Address Sign, free of charge, to help first responders locate your property in the event of an emergency.

We also offer a number of Water and Utility Services to County landowners, including Garbage and Recycling options, through our Garbage Collection SitesTransfer Stations, and Clairmont Landfill, as well as potable water services, such as Truck Fills and through the Rural Potable Water Program. You can sign up for accounts to manage these services remotely, allowing 24/7 access to the information and resources that are important to you. 

Our road network is extensive, and our Operations and Public Works teams work diligently to ensure that our Roads are of the top quality that our residents, ratepayers, and businesses and industry deserve. We offer both Dust Control and Snowplowing programs, and undertake miles of yearly Gravelling to keep our roads in top shape.  Road Bans, Closures and Alerts will be advertised online and through print and radio sources, as necessary. Please Report an Issue with our roads or infrastructure to our team and we will be more than happy to assist you. 


Contact Us

Saddle Hills
Junction of Hwy 49 & Secondary Hwy 725
RR1, Spirit River AB
T0H 3G0
T. 780-864-3760
Fax 780-864-3904
Toll-free 1-888-864-3760

Sign up to our Newsletter

Stay up to date on the Saddle Hills activities, events, programs and operations by subscribing to our eNewsletters.

This website uses cookies to enhance usability and provide you with a more personal experience. By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies as explained in our Privacy Policy.