Skip to main content Skip to footer

Industry Permits & Road Use

Industry looking to construct roads, conduct heavy hauling and rig moves, or undertake any work on County roads are required to obtain certain permissions before doing so.

Industry looking to cross Road Allowances with pipelines or develop around surveyed Road Allowances will need to obtain a permit, as outlined in Policy PW34. Certain criteria will need to be met before permits are approved. 

If you are looking to upgrade or construct a new road, you will need to complete a Road Construction Request, as outlined in Policy PW25. Saddle Hills County reviews all Road Construction Requests on a case-by-case basis.

To maintain the integrity of roads and enable continued public use and movement of products and equipment on our road network, the County requires Road Use Agreements for intensive, extensive, and heavy hauling, as outlined in Policy PW03. Companies who enter into Road Use Agreements with Saddle Hills County may be granted exceptions to Road Bans in certain conditions. 

Alberta Transportation also requires TRAVIS Permits for those planning to move an oversize or overweight vehicle to, from, or around Alberta. You can use the Transportation Routing and Vehicle Information System (TRAVIS) to apply for permits related to the long combination vehicle program, high load corridors, weight and dimensions regulations, log haul program, or regulations and weight calculations for other vehicles including tractors and semi-trailers. Visit the website at or call 1-800-662-7138 for assistance.

To apply for a permit or request more information, please contact our Operations Department at (780) 864-3760 or email 

Sign up to our Newsletter

Stay up to date on the Saddle Hills activities, events, programs and operations by subscribing to our eNewsletters.

This website uses cookies to enhance usability and provide you with a more personal experience. By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies as explained in our Privacy Policy.